It was fantastic! I love it! Great fun!
I want to share the experience with you, so I am providing you with a brief rundown of what was on the show.
My guest was Laura Fenamore, founder of www.OnePinky.com. Laura is a woman with an amazing story, and has turned her life experience into a mission to guide women to love what they see in the mirror. Her popular Body Image Mastery program helps women lose weight, reclaim their self-esteem, and start living bold, happy lives.
Laura’s having overcome her own battle with addiction, obesity, and eating disorders, she released 100 pounds 24 years ago and began a journey of guiding other women to live more joyous, balanced lives.
We talked about:
* Taking responsibility for your own happiness and your future, no longer being a victim; taking control of your health and your body
* How fear is a crippler – it can stop people from making major change in their marriages, their jobs, with their bodies, and how fear is self-imposed
* You have to release the old, negative tapes from your past and make new, positive ones though your thoughts and environmental input
-Being around positive people, not negative ones, which is sometimes challenging
-Saying positive things about yourself, not self-deprecating things
-Exposing yourself to motivational and inspirational input, not negative media sensationalism
* How society perceives over weight people, especially the way the media tells us that we are not good enough if we are not bone thin, and others buy into that thinking, perpetuating the madness
* The importance of acknowledging that feelings are self-imposed; no one can make you feel anything; only you can accept those feeling that you are going to feel, and once you realize that, you become empowered and in control of your happiness.
* Participating in the negative perpetuates the negative, and that is what you are trying to get away from. Don’t participate!
Laura also covered some [Read more…]